Saturday, January 26, 2008

We're home - 3/4s of us, anyway.


Blake and I got home about an hour or so ago. It was sad leaving the hospital after having a baby without a baby, but Landry's doing so well that it's hard to be upset right now. If she weren't improving I think WK Security would probably have had to remove us from our room. It also helps that we really needed to see our big baby! We'll be going back up there a little later to kiss her goodnight.
We got a report from Dr. Manchandia, the neonatologist, before we left. She said that they would increase her food and decrease her oxygen daily as much as she would tolerate. The nurse said that there are quite a few requirements for letting her go home, besides getting her respiratory rate where they want it. She's being fed through a tube going down her throat into her tummy, so she'll have to learn to suck on a bottle before she can go home. They put a pacifier in her mouth while they feed her so she thinks she's accomplishing something, so hopefully "nippling" won't be a big deal. She's going potty just fine, so that won't be a problem. There are several other things that I can't think of right now. My brain is pretty much mush, so it's kind of hard to process all the information they give us. This is just an educated guess, but the nurse thinks we're looking at 5 to 7 more days before we can bring her home. It'll be tough, but we'll manage, and hopefully in a week or less we'll bring home a very healthy baby girl.
In Camden news, I don't think he was very happy to see me at all. He was napping when we got home. We went in to get him when he woke up and he just laid in his bed looking up at both of us like we were complete strangers. He finally stood up and got excited to see Blake. He's still a little unsure about me, but I guess it'll take a little while to get back into our routine. Blake's enjoying having a daddy's boy right now, so at least somebody's happy!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Maybe he's not so into me because I look chinese!

Katie said...

You look great- and asian is in so roll with it! Welcome home!

hillary said...

Small world - I was friends with Dr. Manchandia's daughter in high school. Great doctor - I don't know that Landry could be in better hands!