Thursday, January 17, 2008

Because I Can- by Haley

Carrie added me as a contributor so I can update for her while she is in the hospital taking it easy. ;) So I thought I would take this opportunity to hijack her blog, and make her rethink letting just anyone have free rein over it. Kinda makes me feel powerful actually! I may just have to dig up a few deep dark secrets to reveal. Just kidding- I would never give those away.....but maybe I would sell a few--- do I have any takers????
To be perfectly honest, when Carrie told me that she was pregnant the first time, I was kinda concerned. Well not kinda, really concerned. She has always been a wonderful aunt, but the aunt that had never had children. She has amazed me and then some at how well she jumped right into "Mommy Mode" I have seen her give Camden nothing but patience, and love. Seeing her with her son actually makes me want to be that kind of mom. The kind that is slow to frazzle and quick love. She has been nothing short of fantastic and Camden and Landry are so blessed to have her as their mom. And I am equally blessed to have her as my sister! I love you, Carrie and can't wait to be in awe of you again!

**I give her 20 minutes before she revokes my contributorship!

7 comments:

annie said...

What? Is she in labor?? Fill me in.

Katie said...

You were too kind at the end of the post....I bet she allows you to keep up the god work until you slip and tell everyone one of those secrets you two have!

Carrie said...

Awww. That is so sweet. If it helps any, I really have surprised myself, too. I'm much better at this mommy thing than I thought I would be. I think it helps that I really didn't have any preconceived notions of how it was supposed to be, so I haven't disappointed myself too much yet. However, with 2 kids less than 11 months apart I will not even pretend that the patience thing will last. Thanks for paving the road ahead of me! And for now, because you have been so kind and complimentary, I will let you keep your contributorship! I love you too!!

Aunt Tonya said...

I have to say I was a little worried about the blog when I found out about Landry's possible arrival on the 24th (I know that was selfish of me)but you just don't know how much I have enjoyed the pictures and all the information. I think Haley will do a great job she has started off with a bang!!! Good luck Carrie and Blake with the birth of Landry I know everything will be great!!

Unknown said...

Um, what's going on? Did she have Landry?

nana said...

I agree, Carrie is a terrific mom. So proud and pleased that Camden and Landry have such wonderful parents. Don't worry, Carrie, your patience and love with increase to meet the needs of your babies...and on those days when you're in short supply, call nana for some backup!

Thanks, Haley, for keeping the blog going...it's the highlight of my day!

Aunt Beth said...

I am so happy Landry is coming home...and what an awesome wonderful family she will be coming home to A mom and dad who are totally involved and hands on, a loving, tender hearted big brother. I know as they grow up together they will always be close. It may be tough for a while until you get into your routine. Y'all probably just need some alone time with just the four of you to all get used to each other. Sorry, six of you, didn't mean to leave out Miller & Abby. Think how much fun it will be in future though! Halloween costumes, Christmas mornings. God has poured His Richest blessings on you. Two precious gifts. A boy, a girl, two dogs and a Suburban. How much more story book could it be? Perfection. Carrie & Blake, thank you for letting me take care of Camden yesterday. He is without a doubt the most beautiful (okay, handsome) sweetest, best disposition, happiest little fellow in the world. Thank you for the honor and priviledge of trusting me to stay with him. It was one of the best days I have ever had. He has some really cool toys, too! Let me know when I can come play again. You know you hav a prety big back yard. I'm seeing swingset, fort, playhouse, trampoline. Blake, I know you remember when we lived on Judy Lane and had all that stuff in our backyard. Your back yard is a little naked and just screams "lots of room for outside play stuff". Carrie, thank you for this blog and telling me how to do it. Will you please continue it until Camden and Landry go to college? ILY