Monday, January 21, 2008

Ankles, where have you gone?


I once had ankles. They were nice ankles. My cousin Katie longed to have ankles like mine, though she wouldn't want what I have to offer these days. Sometimes it's fun to put on tight socks just so I can get a glimpse of what my ankles used to look like. How's that for pathetic? Just for grins I give you the definition of cankles:


The area in affected female legs where the calf meets the foot in an abrupt, non-tapering terminus; medical cause: adipose tissue surrounding the soleus tendon, probably congenital, worsened by weight gain and improved in appearance only by boots. From the English "calf" meaning wide portion of the lower leg, and "ankle" meaning slender joint of leg with foot.


Am I destined to suffer this abrupt, non-tapering terminus forever, or will this too end in a few more days?

No comments: