Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A January baby!

We went to the doctor today for the first invasive exam. I'm already 2 cm dilated and 40-50% effaced! I wasn't surprised to hear that I was dilated, but I was very surprised to hear "so do you want to look at dates for an induction?" Of course I replied "YES". So now we're on the schedule for January 24th, as long as I'm dilated to at least 3 cm and 60% effaced by next Tuesday. Since I'm almost to that point right now, I think we can pretty much count on a January 24th baby. If, for some reason, I haven't dilated anymore by next Tuesday we'll change it to the 28th or 29th. The countdown is on!

7 comments:

hillary said...

Yay!!! Can't wait to hear the news of her arrival!

annie said...

We can't wait to meet your special girl! Keep us posted. You're in our thoughts! Love you all!

nana said...

Guess we'd better get things together just in case she's in a hurry to make her entrance.

Kay said...

January is a good month to be born in. Why, some of my favorite people have January birthdays! I'll be thinking about all of you and anxiously awaiting the news of Landry's birth.
I love you, Aunt Kay

Carrie said...

Some of my favorite people were born in January, too! Granny also told me yesterday that her mother, Carrie, was born on January 24th. I think we've got everything we need at this point to bring Landry home, and believe me when I say the poor child has more clothes than me, Blake and Camden combined! Hand-me-downs are great!

Karla said...

Well Sara and Landry could almost celebrate together!! I know you are ready to get that sweeet little darling here!! We look forward to meeting her!!

Haley said...

With my 3 boys, we will keep Camden's closet filled- I guarantee!