Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy 10 Months!







Camden is a whopping 10 months old today! Here are some pictures of him playing in his room. We're fortunate that he's so good at keeping himself occupied. For as large and pregnant as I am I do a fairly good job of keeping up with him, but it's nice when he gets interested in something and gives me a break! He's really getting interested in some of his Christmas presents, but still has to take a time-out to play with the empty wrapping paper roll every now and then.




Speaking of being large and pregnant, we had another checkup today. I'm not sure what planet my OB's nurse is living on, but somehow she looked at the scale today and decided that I hadn't gained any weight since my visit 2 weeks ago (when they thought I lost 2 pounds). I'm really scared that in 2 more weeks when I go they're going to actually pay attention and think that I gained 12 pounds in 2 weeks! Oh well. I think I'll celebrate with some ice cream. Everything is still looking good with the baby. Her heart rate is good, and from my measurements she should be right on track. The literature I get from BabyCenter every week indicates that she should be about 5 pounds and around 18 inches long at this point. Everything else was fine, except Dr. P thinks I have carpal tunnel syndrome. My hands have been falling asleep during the night for some time now, but recently the joints in my fingers have really been aching - to the point I was beginning to think I had arthritis. Apparently the swelling made the CTS symptomatic. My poor body is likely to never forgive me for all of this trauma!

1 comment:

jennifer said...

Who is this Rose person? I feel bad that I don't know. She seems like a real nice lady and left me a very funny comment today stating that I look like my mom back in her wild Catholic school girl days. She doesn't have a blog so I can't respond to her. She seems like someone who should run a bed and breakfast with all of her cute recipes. Tell her she's definitely the first to tell me that.