Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Two of the sweetest smiles





What sweet babies! (Today, at least.)
*
I thought it might be time for a little update on what the kids are doing/saying before I forget it all.
*
Landry is really into eating anything she can get her hands on these days. Blake says she'll eat anything that doesn't eat her first. She still won't do fruit unless it's apple sauce or dried tropical fruit. Maybe one day she'll decide unprocessed fruit isn't the devil. She's eating most things without being cut into teeny tiny pieces, which is very nice. Meat still has to be pretty small since she only has a few choppers, but otherwise she bites and chews very well. She's such a big girl already!
*
She enjoys mimicking Camden when she has the right consonants to do it. The phrase of the week has been "Mama!!!!" in a very, VERY loud tone of voice. Did I mention it's loud? Especially in the car? She doesn't seem very interested in saying much else (other than dah-dah and bye-bye), but has been making more and more sounds lately that we hope will eventually turn into words. She loves to blow kisses and wave when we say bye-bye. She's good at anticipating the goodbyes and starts blowing kisses, waving and saying "bye-bye" as soon as she senses that it's coming.
*
She's up to about 4 steps, but other than that doesn't seem to have the urge to go any further upright. Today she took three steps with the same foot, so she pivoted around almost 180 degrees before she bit the dust. I would have sworn she would have been walking by now, as would both of her grandmothers!
*
Last night Camden and I were sitting on the couch before bedtime. Blake was in his recliner and sneezed a couple of times. Camden leaned up so he could see past me and said "bwess you daddy, bwess you". It was seriously one of the cutest and sweetest things I've ever heard. I'm glad I was sitting here to hear it.
*
He's saying just about everything we say, and lots of things he hears on TV. The latest being "Oh my God!", which he got from watching Annie. We're trying to morph it back into "oh my goodness", since that's what we say and what he said before. Did you know they say GD on Annie? I was very surprised. Hopefully he doesn't pick that one up!
*
He still loves music and loves to sing. We ended up buying Annie because we were sick to death of The Sound of Music. Now he has two obsessions as opposed to one. (He didn't like Mary Poppins AT ALL.) I guess we'll sing Doe a Deer, the goodnight song and Tomorrow until we're blue in the face and like it! It sure is cute when he chimes in during the songs, or better yet, starts singing them on his own.
*
He has made some friends at Mother's Day Out. He comes home talking about Mary Ashtyn "mare atton" and Cody every day. He even wakes up from naps saying "owna pway with mare atton". He still cries when I drop him off, but he usually dries up before I'm out of the building and reportedly has a really good time and behaves very well.
*
I don't think he really understands much about the baby, but he's taken to saying he wants to see the baby and raising my shirt (yay!) and rubbing the baby or sometimes giving the baby kisses. He's gotten to where he tries to shove Landry in my direction when he wants her to go away, and I feel quite sure he'll use that with the baby (who remains nameless) once he gets here as well.
*
Okay. I think that's enough documentation for now. Hopefully I've done a decent job for now. I'll need this for the baby books when I ever get around to filling them out!

2 comments:

jennifer said...

Such gorgeous babies! Little mini twins of each of you.

Kay said...

I agree with Jen. Landry is really looking like you now, Nic. They are both such cutie-pies!

I miss you all,
Aunt Kay