Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day, Part II










I had an absolutely WONDERFUL Mother's Day! We couldn't have asked for better weather for a picnic. It turns out that turning kids loose at a park is MUCH more enjoyable than trying to get them to sit still and behave at a restaurant. I think sometimes we just expect to much, and it was nice to let them be kids instead of expecting them to act like little adults at a table for a couple of hours. We had sandwiches, chips and cookies and played Frisbee, flew kites, threw the football and a few other things. Blake and Haley were pretty hard on my throwing skills. They decided that "you throw like a girl" was an understatement. I'm a little out of practice. Had they challenged me to a diaper changing contest I would have whooped all of them!








What a wonderful day full of family and good times!

4 comments:

Haley said...

It was an awesome afternoon! And I think it was, "You throw WORSE than a girl!" Just to be exact. Great idea, Carrie!

nana said...

Looks like Camden and Kelly are 'twinkies' (similar shirt). What fun!

JaBLes D said...

Happy Mother's Day Carrie!

Love,
Cindy

Cathy H. said...

The only thing that could have made the evening better was to have had Libby with us! It was the BESTEST Mother's Day in this Mom's memory! No more crowded restaraunts for this bunch ever again!