Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Birthday, Papa!

Brody, Papa, Camden and Frankie
Carly and Landry
Camden and Claire playing the piano (with assistance from Pop)
Me and Camden (glowing white!)
Landry hanging out between Ms. Marty and MollieFrankie, Pop and Camden
Camden and Dee singing something-or-another
Camden and Jennifer

My Papa turned 83 years young today. We had a family get-together for him at Uncle Bruce and Aunt Linda's house. Papa left his Speedo at home, so he didn't take a dunk in the pool, but much of the younger crowd did. Camden had a great time splashing and going under. He seemingly has NO fear of the water, which is somewhat frightening to me. We'd be motoring around and he'd just push off of me thinking he was going to go it alone. When I took him out of the pool he hit me in the face! Something tells me he didn't want to get out!




We ate every kind of smoked meat known to man, which makes the Waters clan very happy. There were LOTS of tasty sides, too. Jen and her family are still in town, so we got to do a little more visiting with them. It was a very nice day!




We had a great time visiting and celebrating. Thanks Uncle Bruce and Aunt Linda for having us over! Happy Birthday, Papa. We love you!

3 comments:

Kay said...

Thanks to all of you who celebrated with Daddy today. I wish I could have been there with y'all. Daddy sounded so good when I talked to him after the party. His voice was good and strong and he didn't sound tired at all.

Cathy H. said...

Daddy thrives when his family is around and especially when he is the "Center of Attention"!

Brody's Parents said...

Great pic of Camden and Brody sitting in Papa's lap! They look like twins! I have the pic as my computer background now. GREAT!!
Jess