Friday, May 2, 2008

Jeepers!

I have to preface this video with the following story:

My mom is a little, uh, what's the word I'm looking for - silly. She has taken songs and customized them for each of her grandchildren, as well as given them less-than-usual nicknames. She calls Camden Beep-Beep because his initials are CAR. She sings a song that goes "jeepers, Beeper, where'd you get those peepers. Jeepers, Beeper, where'd you get those eyes" to him. We went by the antique store today after Gymboree to tell her hi and she sang the song to Camden after I put him in his car seat. We got about a quarter of a mile down the road and I turned to see what he was mumbling in the back seat. He was saying "jeep-uh, jeep-uh, jeep-uh". It was too cute. We're having so much fun listening to him pick up new words every day. Here's a taste of his singing, but please ignore mine:

I know I have a little bit of a bias, but I am quite certain that this is the cutest baby boy in the whole wide world!

8 comments:

Cathy H. said...

He may well be the only man in my life that actual listens to something I say, or rather, sing!
Beep, you are my special Angel Boy sent straight from Heaven and I love you so much.
When you become a singer of great reknown, you can help pay for my assisted living home!!

Pigtails and Puppy Dog Tales said...

That is the most adorable thing I've heard. And by the way, I think he's the cutest dark haired baby boy in the whole wide world. :)

nana said...

He is the definitely the cutest and most precious baby boy in the world to me. What a wonderful blessing!!!

Libby said...

Do I have a song??!!

Carrie said...

Really, Libby? Do you not remember "Libbey Libbey Libbey on the label label label, you will like it like it like it on your table table table"? You'll have to ask Dee which Libbey product that song was the jingle for. She used to sing that to you ALL the time, and probably changed up a few words just for you!

Erin said...

More video!

Cathy H. said...

Actually, Libby, your song was baby Libby swinging in the libbing room, the libbing room! I would put you in your swing and you would watch me dust and I would sing that song over and over until you finally fell asleep. I think you conked out because you couldn't take my singing anymore!!

Leslie said...

He is the cutest boy in the world, with the best personality.