Sunday, April 20, 2008

Developmental update

I figured I better put this stuff on the blog so when I go back and finally complete Camden's baby book I'll have something to reference.
Words:
  1. Ma-muh
  2. Da-da
  3. Hey Dah (he calls Blake "Hey Dah" most of the time)
  4. Nana (Blake's mom)
  5. Dee (my mom)
  6. Pop (my dad is Pop and Blake's dad is Pop Steve. This sometimes comes out "Papa")
  7. Chah (Blake's step-dad goes by "Chappy")
  8. Oh-uh (uh-oh backwards - this is most often used after he deliberately throws something on the floor)
  9. Door (sounds like doe)
  10. More (sounds kind of like a combination of muh and moe)
  11. Hey
  12. Hey boy (bowee)
  13. Hi girl (guh)
  14. Bye-bye (accompanied by a very limp-wristed wave)
  15. Hubba hubba hubba (hu-BUH hu-BUH hu-BUH)
  16. Go (as in "go, go mama" when I'm swinging him)
  17. Dog (sounds like doe with a G on the end)
Baby Signs:
  1. Light
  2. More
  3. All done
  4. He understands book and drink, but hasn't used them yet

Other things:

  • He's walking around like a mad man. He's still pretty wobbly, but is getting really good at keeping his balance while sitting down and standing back up in the middle of the room.
  • He continues to drive me nuts with his ability to open doors and either escape to the great outdoors or find a toilet to open up and put his hand in. Or to open Landry's door and wake her up. This thrills me to no end.
  • He loves to kiss Landry. He leans down toward her head saying "ahhhh" in a really sweet voice the whole time.
  • He likes to periodically taste-test Landry's pacifiers. He'll pull one out of her mouth, stick it in his mouth, and then put it back in her mouth. We think he's starting to figure out that the pink ones are not his.
  • He likes to pick out a book and crawl into my lap. He'll let me get through the first few pages and then he steals the book so he can turn the pages at his leisure. He still talks really sweetly to his books, too.
  • He climbed up in a patio chair at Danielle's all by himself (which is a bit frightening).
  • He seems to have figured out that the bed has edges and that if he doesn't turn around and crawl backwards he'll fall off. He's getting really good at his dismount.
  • He is NOT a fan of having his feet in the grass. We'll have to work on this one, because bare feet on grass is one of the most awesome feelings to me.
  • He loves to do a little jig when he hears music. It doesn't matter if it's the TV or one of his toys, he gets excited and starts bebopping to the tune.
And that's all I can think of for now, but I'm sure there's more.

2 comments:

Karla said...

What a big boy!!! there will be more and more for the book before you can blink!!

Pigtails and Puppy Dog Tales said...

I love it when they are this age. It's always something new everyday and they never cease to amaze you. All I can say is watch your mouth. You'll probably come up with some new funny and clean so called cuss words.