Monday, March 3, 2008

It's already been a long day

This morning Camden opened the pantry and picked up a bottle of red wine - and dropped it. I was in Landry's room attempting to get her settled, which failed, when I heard the very distinct sound of glass breaking. I took off running into the kitchen where I found Camden sitting just inside the pantry in a pool of red wine. I scooped him up, ripped his clothes off and inspected him for signs of injury before throwing him in his highchair to keep him immobile. He's a little stained, but not hurt. I cleaned wine up for about 30 minutes - which is precisely how long Landry screamed at me to be picked up. It still smells like a winery in here! Maybe the wine fumes lingering in the air are what finally helped Landry fall asleep. Whatever works, right? So now the bottom of the pantry is glass-free and pretty stinking clean! Sorry I have no picture to document this, but since there was broken glass involved I thought it best to resist the urge to grab the camera.

6 comments:

Pigtails and Puppy Dog Tales said...

Sounds like a typical yucky Monday!

Meet the Mayfields said...

Oh No!! Was it good wine?

Carrie said...

We're not wine drinkers, so I other than having to clean it up I wasn't upset that an entire bottle of it perished. Now had it been whiskey . . .

Cathy H. said...

He has reached the ripe old age of 1 and now he has a propensity for red wine. tsk, tsk. I knew all that sugar from his birthday cake would only encourage him to go for the hard stuff. and to think I was just concerned that he would know all of the 4 letter words that his Mother knows!

Carrie said...

Just tryin' to keep it real.

Erin said...

He's probably coming down from the sugar rush and needs something to take the edge off.