Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas card mishap

So the first problem with the Christmas cards is that it took so long to get them, and then the second is that I'm obviously mentally challenged. I received them on Tuesday and was extremely proud of myself for getting them in the mail yesterday. I was surprised to hear from several people that they got their cards today. Then I go to the mailbox this afternoon and see all these cute little red envelopes that bear a striking resemblance to the cards I sent out. I think to myself, "What the #!&@?". Apparently, if your cards are square they require 17 cents of additional postage. So what I'm learning is that some post offices or postal carriers (or whomever gets to decide the fate of square cards) are nicer than others and delivered the cards without the postage, and some are mail Nazis and sent them back. So if yours is one that got returned (or has yet to be returned), I'll put it back in the mail as soon as Blake fetches me some 17 cent stamps. You'd think after selling me Kwanzaa stamps in May for Camden's birth announcements they could let this one slide!

6 comments:

Cathy H. said...

I received mine just fine and dandy. What about you Nanna? As long as the grandparents got theirs, I don't see a problem!

Carrie said...

I didn't get any cards returned in the mail today, so hopefully the rest are going to make it without a problem!

Haley said...

Maybe I will get a Christmas Eve card? I can't wait to see it.

nana said...

It was my Play Day when they arrived, so I didn't have to rely on the USPO...so I'm happy. Doesn't Camden have the most infectious smile ever!!! Great Christmas card!!!

Carrie said...

Haley, yours was one that got returned. It went back out yesterday, so hopefully you'll get it on Monday!

jennifer said...

Got your card today. Looks great! He's such a cute little monkey. Can't wait to see what a beautiful girl you guys produce.