Monday, November 12, 2007

Sleeping baby


Camden is sleeping right now, which in itself is obviously not new, but the method of getting him to sleep is. He used to have to be rocked completely to sleep and then put down very gently so he didn't wake. Over the past 2 and a half to 3 weeks he's gotten to the point where I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to be rocked to sleep. There are still times that he'll pass out on us in the recliner, which is good cuddle time, but for the most part he twists and turns restlessly until we give up and put him in bed. Typically after about 5 to 10 minutes of rolling around trying to get comfy he's out like a light. I realize that this is the way a lot of people put their babies to bed, but we ruined him early on with all the rocking so it's all new to us. Part of me is very relieved that he can be put down awake, but the other part of me is a little sad. I'll blame it on hormones. I guess it couldn't have come at a better time since we had to lower the mattress in his crib last week. I was doing good to get him down with the mattress at the highest level!
That's all the useless babble I have for now! I hope everyone is having a great day.

1 comment:

Karla said...

How sweet!! you are very lucky! I think Sara would still let me rock her to sleep!