Saturday, May 23, 2009

Just to update

I think this is the longest I've ever gone without updating this thing. I would have divorced it by now if I were y'all!
*
Not too much to report here, except that the bed rest was officially lifted on Monday. I had pretty much taken myself off of it about a week and a half earlier though. Breaking the rules! Breaking the rules! My doctor also took me off of the magnesium and Brethine I was taking to slow the contractions. I was still at 2 cm and 30% effaced on Monday. That makes about 3 weeks of no change. The contractions picked back up almost immediately, and I'm having some pretty good ones at night. I'll go back on Tuesday and see if there's been any progress. Assuming I'm still progressing, we're scheduled for an induction on June 4th.
*
The kids are doing great, after a bad bout with Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease. That's some bad stuff. They were miserable for several days, and their moods certainly reflected it. Fortunately they had it at the same time. I'd like to block out those 5 days. They were really, really bad days. But they're all better now.
*
We found Landry on the dining room table twice this morning. She's enjoying climbing into the chairs entirely too much. She's a little dare devil for sure. She's talking more and more, although much of her vocabulary is still hard to understand. She's been crazy with the "hold me" since I've gotten off bed rest. Although I was a rule breaker, I really tried not to pick either of the kids up unless it was absolutely necessary. Now that I'm able to pick her up and carry her around again she thinks I need to ALL DAY LONG. I guess maybe she senses what's coming?
*
Camden is still a big goof ball. He wakes up in the morning and starts singing just about every day. This morning it was "Low Rider". The number of songs the kid can sing all by himself is ridiculous! He can repeat almost anything we ask him to. The other day I had him saying "that aggravates the fire out of me", after he continued to unfold the laundry as I was folding it. He comes up with some pretty funny stuff on his own though. He likes to kiss and rub my belly and say "baby", but I'm pretty sure he has no idea what it's all about. He also thinks Blake has a baby in his belly, if that tells you anything.
*
We finally had new floors put down in the baby's room and had almost the entire bottom floor of the house repainted. It's looking pretty good in here, if I do say so myself. We still need to find a rocking chair for the baby's room and get the camera for the video monitor hung, but for the most part it's ready for it's unnamed occupant. I still need to paint something for his wall, too. I haven't been inspired or motivated to do much lately.
*
I have lots of photos to upload, but they'll have to make it from the camera to my laptop first. One of these days, right?
*
I hope you're all doing well. I'll try to get more stuff on here soon.

No comments: