Tuesday, April 14, 2009

31 weeks prego

I saw Dr. Pineda this morning. My cervix is behaving and the meds are doing a great job of keeping my uterus nice and relaxed. I'm still having Braxton Hicks contractions, but they've slowed way, way down. He said my cervix was a little shorter than last week, but at 31 weeks with my third pregnancy he wasn't surprised by it. He was pleased with the results from the combination of the Brethine, Slow-Mag and bed rest. I'll see him again on Thursday, just because he wants to monitor me a little closer this week because of the meds. If everything looks good after that I'll go back to once a week with him. He did mention 35 weeks again yesterday, so it looks like if my cervix and I can behave until then he'll lighten some of the restrictions at that point.
We saw Dr. Groome's ultrasound tech and nurse after the appointment with Dr. Pineda. Dr. Groome has been out of town for the last 3 or 4 weeks, so it's been quite a while since we've laid eyes on him. The baby's estimated weight is 3.8 pounds, which is right around the average mark. One of his kidneys looked excellent - down to 3.5 mm - but the other was larger than it has been before - 9.1 mm. They said while that obviously wasn't a great finding, that it still wasn't anything to freak out about. The non-stress test went very well. I only had one mild contraction while they had me hooked up, which was a vast improvement over last week. The baby's heart rate was excellent and he was plenty active to make them happy. We go back on Thursday and will see Dr. Groome and hopefully get some more information about the kidney issue.
We got some additional 3D ultrasound pictures of his little face. I would scan them and post them, but I'm trying to behave! He still favors his siblings, but something funky was up with his nose. It looked rather large in most of the pictures. I'm hoping that can be explained by shadowing during the ultrasound, or maybe that he had his face squished against something. Or maybe he just has a big nose. I guess we'll find out soon enough! (And again, as usual, he had his little right hand up by his face just taunting me!)

No comments: