Thursday, April 9, 2009

30.5 weeks pregnant

Last Thursday I got put on what Dr. Pineda called "strict bed rest" (even though his description didn't actually sound all that strict) after having 7 Braxton Hicks contractions in an hour the night before. Today I went for my non-stress test at Dr. Groome's office and had 7 contractions in the 45 minutes that I was hooked up to the monitor. They called Dr. Pineda's office and sent me over after the NST was over. (I had only had 3 contractions when they called - the other 4 came in the 10 minutes or so that it took them to call and come back in the room.) We went to Dr. P's office and he put me on two medications to slow the contractions and relax my uterus. I was also put on the real "strict bed rest" and will go back Monday. There still isn't any change in my cervix, other than that it's soft. Monday he will re-examine me and decide whether he thinks I need to be hospitalized or not. So basically, I'm seriously motivated to behave this time! The meds are supposed to make me feel crappy, so hopefully it'll be a little easier to lay around.
I hope you guys enjoy your Easter weekend! I'll be sitting out on one family gathering and laying about for another. But I hope to have lots of good pictures to post of the kids enjoying their weekend.

No comments: