Thursday, February 21, 2008

Reflecting

It's 10 o'clock and my house is completely silent except for the clicking of my nails on the keyboard (and the occasional muffled snore of my sweet husband). I've been reading mommy blogs of women who have recently given birth to No. 2 and I feel that it is somewhat of a duty to tell you how amazingly blessed I feel. First, I know that I could not do this alone. I have a wonderful husband and an absolutely awesome support system, consisting of not only a terrific family (both sides), but also many close friends - some who are mothers and some who are not. I am very thankful for you all, even if I don't say it nearly as often as I should. Second, I know (with every fiber of my being) that there's no way I'd still be sane if Camden weren't such a truly amazing, easy going, sweet-natured child. I really believe his sweet little smile could heal even the worst of days. Landry does what babies do, which is definitely capable of frustrating the hell out of me and leaving me drained, but looking into her precious little eyes (when she's happy, of course) somehow erases all signs of frustration and fatigue. I am not experiencing the excruciatingly difficult days that I have been reading about, and for that I will be eternally grateful. I know that as Landry becomes more alert and as Camden becomes mobile on two feet instead of all fours we will have new challenges, but I can honestly say that there have been a hundred times more positives than negatives in these first 4 weeks. I'm sure I don't deserve it, but I sure do appreciate every minute of it!

6 comments:

wendyspies said...

you definitely deserve it. and you are a great mom :) even if you think it is easy! ;)

Carrie said...

I wouldn't be stupid enough to say it was "easy", but maybe just not as difficult as I expected - for now anyway! I know that's subject to change at any moment.

Cathy H. said...

Yes, you are truly blessed. The Lord has chosen a wonderful husband for you and an even more wonderful Dad for sweet Camden and Lady Landry. It just didn't happen without His incredible plan for you 4 to be a family. I can say that your Dad and I are so thankful for your 2 healthy babies. It is awesome to see you with them. You have been such a great Mother and will continue to be so. Blake is an equally fantastic parent. Together you two will raise those incredible gifts from God in the right way. I guess you must have picked up some parenting tips from your Nanny and Pa!!!

Karla said...

Carrie -- without a doubt, you and Blake deserve all the joyous blessing that those sweet angels deliver!!! I'm so glad that Camden and Landry are such good babies (though Camden is a big brother, he's still a baby!!) You two are great parents!!! Your children will never cease to amaze you -- even when they are big boys and girls; the way you have documented and blogged, and photographed is truly amazing! You've travelled a long road -- I'm so happy that you and Blake found each other and have such full lives together! You deserve every ounce of happiness God throws your way!! I love you both!!

Pigtails and Puppy Dog Tales said...

You and Blake definately deserve the two beautiful children you have. I know it's not always easy, but I think you have adjusted very well and do a great job. Remember, God only gives us what we can handle. You have been a role model to me on how to be a loving, patient & wonderful mother. You are always a few steps ahead of me and your gudidance helps me to be a better Mom to Joshua.

nana said...

The 4 of you are a special blessing from God to me (and others too). God's grace is always sufficient to meet our needs. With 2 babies, you'll need a extra measure of grace occasionally...but He'll be there. (Side note...I completely agree about Camden's smile...it lifts my soul and wraps up my heart every time!)