Sunday, February 24, 2008

Goodbye 32, Hello 33






Yesterday I said goodbye to what was definitely the best year of my life, and today I say hello to all the wonderful things 33 will bring! I have to say that I'm a little sad to see 32 go, but I'm excited to see what's next!
We went out last night to celebrate my getting older. Adam, Michelle, Danny and Shonda joined us. We sat at the chef's table at The Mabry House and then went to The Cub. The chef's table is quite an experience. It took us 3 hours to eat dinner. They do a really good job of throwing all sorts of yummy food and wine at you, and of course they don't tell you the cost of any of it. We were hoping to see a few "Hell's Kitchen" moments, but everyone in this kitchen seemed to have their stuff together. I think the chef cussed once when whomever was in charge of dishing the sorbet didn't do it quick enough. The food was absolutely phenomenal. I ate a few things I wouldn't normally eat, but I think that had a lot to do with the fact that they kept the drinks flowing. We had a huge assortment of meats: quail, duck, lamb, steak, mahi mahi, veal and crab. And escargot. The snail wasn't bad, it's just the whole idea of eating a slug kind of turned me off. I also ate partially cooked tuna, which was actually very good. Blake ate the tuna, but he refused to try the snail. I can understand why. I was just feeling a little brave (liquid courage, maybe?). It was a really cool experience.
We had a wonderful evening out, and when we got home we actually got to sleep all night! Nana and Chappy stayed with the kiddos and Nana took care of Landry ALL NIGHT LONG. It was really nice. Thanks, Nana and Chappy!
I think today I'm going to celebrate my day by going to the grocery store! Back to reality . . .

2 comments:

Unknown said...

happy birthday! :) thank you for sharing the awesome photos :)

nana said...

Glad ya'll had a good time. I slept all afternoon trying to catch up...getting ready for the next time!