Thursday, August 23, 2007

The gift of deafness




Nana's birthday was yesterday. Happy Birthday! We had the bright idea to take her to see Blues Traveler at Horseshoe to celebrate. It was a good show, but it was LOUD. We didn't get the greatest seats, but that turned out to be a good thing. John Popper would play the heck out of a harmonica for a little while and then chunk it into the crowd. I'm pretty sure I'd have been a little upset if I had been beamed in the head by a slimy harmonica. So, while we may have deafened Nana and Chappy, at least they didn't leave covered in some formerly fat guy's spit! Maybe we'll come up with something better next year!

4 comments:

nana said...

I'm glad to hear a young person say it was loud...I thought my age was showing. We had a great time and I am really glad I didn't get a slimy harmonica for my birthday!

Cathy H. said...

Happy Late Birthday Kay. I know who the favorite is now!! I would even settle for a slimy harmonica!!!!

Carrie said...

Oh, hush - you got the gift of life - a hibiscus!

Cathy H. said...

I forgot about my pretty red hibiscus. Thanks Carrie and Blake and a special shout out to Brookshires!!!