Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Another unexplained fever

We had a horrible night last night - I was up 4 times and Blake was up twice with Camden. We took his temperature at 5:15 a.m. and it was 99.8. By 8:45ish it was 101.6. After our hospital stay 3 weeks ago I decided we'd get to the doctor and nip this one in the bud early (as opposed to waiting for 104+). He got another catheter stuck down his business, a finger stick and a shot. His white blood cell count was elevated a little, but his urine was clear, so they're just going to watch it to make sure the antibiotics do their job. I'd like to think that we'll sleep tonight, but I was warned that the fever would likely go up before going away, so I think we're in for another long one! Keep us in your thoughts, please.

2 comments:

Karla said...

I hope Camden is doing better!!! The girls & I have been praying for all of you!

Kay said...

Carrie, I'm way behind in my blog reading. I hope Camden is all better by now and I'm so sorry that the three of you had to go through that scary time again. I'm thinking of you all. Love, Aunt Kay