Thursday, June 14, 2007

One Crappy Story

Today we had lunch with Dee, Haley, Ryder and Aidan. It was a lovely lunch at Good Eats. The food and company were great. Camden slept the majority of the time. When he woke up toward the end of the meal he made a few unpleasant sounds, and then all of a sudden he started stinking, but not bad enough to be concerned about. The restroom at Good Eats isn't baby friendly, so there was nowhere to change the little guy. We were going to the Boardwalk to do a little shopping, so I told Haley I'd put him in his stroller and change him when we got there. I began the changing ritual only to find that we'd had a blowout. And this was no small blowout. It took 2 adults, about 35 wipes and 15 minutes to get the poor kid clean enough to put back in the stroller. If Camden hadn't been wearing something nice it would've totally gone in the trash. (I've thrown away clothes for less than I was dealing with this time.) Haley commented that she must really love me and my child, because otherwise she'd be pretty mad that she had his poop all over her hands! All the while Ryder is COMPLETELY grossed out and holding his nose, because this "incident" lingered - HEAVILY. He had every right to be disgusted. Camden was a real trooper through all of the dangling-in-the-air-by-his-armpits and butt-wiping. I guess the point is to send props out to my wonderful sister, because most other people would have (literally) left him hanging. Thanks, Haley!

6 comments:

Haley said...

what are totally awesome, wonderful sisters for?

wendyspies said...

LOL, what a great story, thank you for sharing :)

Katie said...

That is the "crappiest" story I have heard all week! Miss Haley is an awesome sister, and an awesome cousin. Hooray for Haley and hooray for Carrie for getting through the second blowout. You are going to need a new stroller if this continues!

Chad said...

You should have taken him down to that bidet thingy they have under the Texas St. Bridge. The fountain water squirty thingy. You coulda hosed him off there.


Yuck. Babies are so nasty.

Cathy H. said...

Thanks goodness that I declined the trip to the Boardwalk. I could have fallen victim to a Poop-by and with my delicate hands may have never recovered!!! Good job girls. Into every life a little Poop must fall!!!! By the way, Pop feels about shopping the same as Camden. He thinks shopping REEKS!!!!

Karla said...

I remember a time when you had to help me with Sara!!! Carrie -- I'm so proud of you! Alyse "blew out" at Joe's all over my mom once! :)