Monday, August 3, 2009

Owen at 2 months

We were by ourselves most of the week, and this is as good as my extended arm shot gets.

This is what Owen did most of his 2 month day.

And this is how I finally got him quiet.


Owen turned 2 months old when we were in Florida last week. I'm sorry to report that it wasn't a very happy day for him. He quickly got used to being the only child and was none-so-happy every time I got really selfish and decided to put him down so I could do things totally ridiculous like go to the bathroom, put my makeup on, get dressed, etc. He was definitely Pissed Off Baby most of last week. Fortunately, he won't remember it, but he'll have this nice little diary to fill him in one day.
He is really a laid back baby (at home - definitely not in Florida). He started smiling on purpose the week before our trip, and on July 26th he smiled and giggled at us in the mirror. He's laughed a few times since then, also. He rolled from his front to back on the 29th, but I'm sure that was a fluke. He hasn't done that since. I think those are all of his firsts so far. Oh, and the most important thing: he's going overnight without a bottle. He started this around 6 weeks, and it has been FABULOUS. Sometimes he'll wake up around 4, but we're able to reinsert the paci and get him back to sleep until 7ish. This is definitely earlier than the other two, and it's also without the benefit of having rice cereal in his bottle.
We go on Thursday for his 2 month well baby check and shots (as well as for Landry's 18 month check and shots), and we'll see if we're still fattening him up too much. I'll report back with his statistics.

1 comment:

Meet the Mayfields said...

Welcome back I have missed you!!!!