Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Because his biological need to procreate is just that strong


I always knew my husband was special, but I didn't know exactly how special until last month. It turns out that he's one in one thousand! (Actually, he's FEWER than one in one thousand, but that doesn't sound very good.)


Back in July Blake took one for the team and had a vasectomy. Although the procedure was performed correctly, both sides of his vas deferens found their way back together. It's one of the things they tell you can happen, but very rarely does. Anyway, about the time he should have been all out of swimmers, one made it to the golden egg and here we sit, pregnant again. We are expecting a June baby to add to our pack. While we thought that two little Raineys would be plenty for us, apparently the Guy Upstairs thought we needed three. The initial shock was a bit much to bear, but after about 24 hours we decided that this little nugget deserved every bit of excitement as any other, so here we go AGAIN!


We went to the doctor yesterday and heard a very strong heartbeat and saw little arms and legs wiggling about. Everything is looking great so far.


13 comments:

Cathy H. said...

Must be another boy cause that picture sure looks like a sun!!

rose said...

Funny one Dee!
I am so happy for the Rainey Bunch! Who said, "If you want to make God laugh tell him your plans"? He must be laughing out loud!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Talk about "meant to be"! Maybe Libby needs to move in until you get them all out of diapers!!!

JaBLes Mommy said...

Congratulations Carrie and Blake! There is no greater blessing than a baby!

Love,
M, C, J & B

Carrie said...

Thanks everybody. Rachel, don't tease me with the prospect of live in help! And don't dare mention it to Blake. He'd probably be trying to figure out a way to home school her so she could never leave!

jennifer said...

You're so lucky! That's awesome. I want another one! Now that you have one of each already, are you going to let the sex of this one be a surprise?

Carrie said...

Don't you think this is enough of a surprise all by itself?!?

Haley said...

Never ever,ever,ever did I think you would be a parent. Therefore, I never, never,ever,ever thought you would have as many children as me!! Now that I have stopped laughing at you, I am VERY excited for ALL of you!

Carrie said...

One of my friends laughed to the point of hyperventillation - literally. At least you didn't find it quite that funny.

nana said...

Another grandbaby to love...sounds like fun to me!

Chad said...

I bet you're having twins.

rose said...

And Hey, nobody stated the obvious! Blake is such a stud!!!!!

Sorry Nana, I has to say it!

-jen said...

First, your mom is too much!
Second, I couldn't be more excited for you.
much love!!!